Unbelievable levels of clean power from our unique extended dynamic headroom circuitry, plus superb control and comprehensive facilities are what you'll find in the 7200 Dynamic Bass Amplifier head.
The Dynamic Bass principal involves using more than the single power supply found in conventional bass amps. This means that when incoming signals, too dynamic for a normal bass amp to handle are detected at the input stage, the extra power supply automatically engages to handle them cleanly. This provides the 7200 with the energy to pump out 2000 watts of peak power from it's 200 watts RMS power stage, giving you five times more headroom than the typical bass amplifier.
The resulting system will respond to whatever dynamic range you can throw at it, delivering the tightest, punchiest bass response in even the most demanding playing situations.
The single ECC83 valve in the pre-amp ensures responsive warmth and musicality from the superb quality tone shaping provided by the pre-amp section.
- High and low Inputs For active or passive basses.
- Gain Controls the overall input level and the threshold level of the compressor.
- Pre-Amp Blend Blends the input pre-amp signal from percussive solid-state to warm vintage valve, with endless combinations in between.
- Hi & Lo Primary EQ Rotary controls giving + or -15dB cut and boost of the primary EQ ideal for setting up an excellent basic sound.
- Deep and Bright Switches Add greater depth to the bottom end and boost the top end of the primary EQ.
- 7 Band Graphic Equaliser Provides cut and boost of + or -15dB of the frequencies most effective for dynamic bass performance and gives vast amounts of fine tuning possibilities. The graphic can also be switched on/off by remote footswitch.
- Compressor Industry standard high quality compressor with depth control, threshold indicator and on/off switch.
- DI Pre or Post EQ Selection Switch Gives your PA or Recording engineer the choice of signal either before or after EQ and compression have been added.
The 7200 has the connection capabilities to offer you maximum flexibility from the rear panel which features: [ Use your right mouse button to zoom in on details ]
- Tuner Output Buffered output for direct connection to an electronic tuner.
- Effects Loop Send and Return loop for linking an external effects processor. The loop level of +4dB makes it compatible with most rack effects.
- Line Out Jack For connection to home recording equipment.
- Graphic On/Off Footswitch For remote switching of the graphic EQ.
- Balanced DI Output XLR output for direct connection to recording or PA mixing desks and switchable pre or post EQ from the front panel. The DI level switch gives you options of 0 or -20dB and the earth lift switch eliminates earth loops when connecting to other earthed equipment.
- Twin Loudspeaker Jacks For connection to loudspeakers (minimum total load 4 Ohms).
The Marshall 7200 will provide you with the pre-amp control and pure power amp performance to grace any stage anywhere in the world.